Friday, August 15, 2008

How to Form an LLC

Setting up an LLC is surprisingly fast and easy! I would often see internet ads for companies charging a fee to do this for you. Well, I am here to tell you that it is a waste of your time and money. Below are the instructions for setting up an LLC in Michigan.

Go to www.michigan.gov/dleg and follow these steps:

  1. Click on 'Commercial Services & Corporations' (left side)

  2. Click on 'Business Services'

  3. Click on 'Limited Liability Companies'

From here, you can download the Articles of Organization, fill it out, and send it to the address provided. It is a quick two page document with minimal information needed. You can also check the availability of your selected business name right there from the site. Since I only live an hour and 15 minutes away from the office, I decided to drive and hand deliver my Articles of Organization. $50 and 10 minutes later, I was the owner of my own business! Yep it's just that easy! It surprises me to see those companies on the internet that charge people for this quick and easy transaction!

If you do not live in Michigan, simply navigate your State's government website, find the documents, and file!!


Kelvin Gray

Mitten Homes, LLC

http://www.BuyHouseDetroit.com


No comments: